I don’t think anybody is sad to see the back side of 2016, are they? At any rate, I for one am happy to turn the page and begin a brand new year, especially because I think I’ve got a few things to get excited about this year. Like for instance …
- We’re moving (probably). This isn’t 100% in the bag, but it’s about 99%. At this point it’s more a question of when than anything else, and there’s a good chance that it’ll be soon. Still, I probably won’t talk much more about it here until it’s actually happening.
- I have a new e-book novella releasing at the end of this month, and a new novel releasing later this year. These are both continuations in the Restless Spirits series.
- I might be doing my first real book signing in an actual brick-and-mortar book store. My publisher is working on setting this up so I don’t know any details yet, so that’s another thing I don’t want to talk about too much until it’s more certain.
- A door has opened for a new freelance blogging opportunity that’s a step up from what I’ve been doing and a big step in the right direction toward the kind of topics I want to be writing about.
A lot of my focus this year is going to be on getting the third Restless Spirits novel written and thus fulfilling my contract so I can move on to other things. Between that and the move and the new freelance gig (which is in addition to, not replacing, the current freelance gigs), I’m going to stay pretty busy. But there are a few other things I hope to fit in this year. Things like…
- Blogging more consistently, both here and on my author blog.
- Submitting guest posts to some more high-profile ministry blogs.
- Getting to know our new neighbors and getting more involved in our new community.
- Finding and joining an actual local church assembly.
- Re-connecting with my oldest BFF.
- Getting over my reservedness and INFPness enough to meet up with my local friends face to face.
I’m also harboring some secret hopes and dreams that I’m not ready to talk about yet. I’ll have to see how some other things go before I know if those are even feasible. But that’s where my to-be-revealed word for 2017 comes in. I’m just going to give these dreams over to God and see what He does with them.
At any rate, I have a feeling this is going to be a big year. I just hope and pray that it’s big in a good way. I think I’ve had my fill of Big Bad years for a good long while.
What are you looking forward to the most about 2017?
PS: Find more encouragement for your soul at these linkups:
PPS: Looking for some a-MAZ-ing tools and resources to help you be more productive, write better and/or generally do life while keeping your sanity? I’ve got the goods — sign up to receive Daydreamer Dispatches, a once- or twice-a-month newsletter from yours truly, and you’ll automatically receive a super-sekrit link to My Absolute Must-Have, Can’t Live Without Tools and Resources list! Click here to get your link!